Monday, March 3, 2008

A Vinaigrette for Everyday Use!

Firstly, I'd like to give a shout out to my dear friend Robin Robertson who just came out with a wonderful new book called "Vegan Fire and Spice: 200 Sultry and Savory Global Recipes." I recommend any of her cookbooks as she just has a knack for making awesome food! (I've been honored to have a few meals at her house..and let's just say, they had to kick me out of their house because I wouldn't leave...ok it didn't really happen that way, but I fantasized about living in her kitchen!) Anyhow, I wanted to make something fast and easy with ingredients that I already had in the fridge. So I tried this wonderful Thai Lime Vinaigrette and poured it over a bed of baby lettuce topped with lightly sauteed tofu, steamed broccoli and carrots.

This statue is of the Buddhist
goddess of compassion, Kwan-Yin
Here is the recipe from "Vegan Fire and Spice" Thai Lime Vinaigrette 1/2 c fresh lime juice 2 Tbsp soy sauce 3 Tbsp agave nectar (or brown sugar) 1 clove garlic clove, crushed 1 crushed dried red Thai chile, or 1/2 tsp. hot red pepper flakes (I just used a pinch of cayenne pepper) Whisk all the ingredients and drizzle over any salad or steamed veggies. We like to keep a box of pre-washed baby lettuce or baby spinach on hand at all times. Being working professionals, we don't always have the luxury of time, so this makes eating healthy quick and easy. You must try this recipe! It's so easy and so delicious!

No comments: