Friday, March 7, 2008

Finally…A Dessert That’s Not Deadly!

Are you craving ice cream but need to lock your freezer door to keep yourself away from this deadly dessert? Well, you can now hire a lock cutter, because I’ve got some news for you! What if I told you that you can now eat ice cream that’s actually good for you? No, I’m not crazy, I’m just resourceful! :) There are now brands of ice cream made of soy which have all the flavor and none of the cholesterol. Really…I’m not joking! Take a look at that picture above, does that look bad for you? Well, it does, but it’s not! This is a Green Tea ice cream made by Soy Delicious my absolute favorite brand of ice cream. They have flavors like Cherry Nirvana, Cookie Avalanche, Rocky Road and on and on. I have to warn you that the Green Tea flavor is very “earthy unique” and won’t be for everyone. So where can you find this soy goodness? Most grocery stores will have soy ice cream. Tofutti is the brand that is most available around the country. But if you go to Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods, you’ll be in soy ice cream heaven. I’ve seen people look like zombies staring into the ice cream freezer. Their brains freeze looking at all the amazing flavors and choices they have with absolutely NO guilt! (actually, I haven’t really seen that happen, but I’ve been one of those zombies myself, so I know the experience!) Who says eating healthy can’t be fun, delicious and beautiful?

1 comment:

Dilip said...

What a nice blog! Thanks for sharing your expertise and aesthetics! In my cooking classes, I urge people to look at non-soy choices; there are so many good foods to eat that I worry that some overdose on soy. Soy in small quantities has been shown to be beneficial, but there is also research that too much soy can be problematic. I love hemp milk and can't wait till hemp ice cream comes to be!!!! Thanks for the great work here, Sangeeta! --Dilip