Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Berry Bonanza!

Spring is here! Oh my favorite time of year…Now is the time that I get out of hibernation and actually get to go out for a bit. I’m sorry, I’ve been slacking on the blogging end, but I’ve been out and about all week enjoying the little bit of warmth in the air and a few rays of sunshine. So in keeping with my simplistic fruit dessert theme, I want to encourage you to make nice desserts out of fruit. It may not seem like a dessert to you, but put it in a nice bowl and spruce it up with some cinnamon, powdered sugar, agave, nutmeg and anything else your imagination will allow and there you have it. In minutes, you'll have a delicious simple meal which is not only good for you, but beautiful to look at. I love berries! How can you go wrong with berries? I think we forget how lucky we are in being able to go to the grocery store and pick out as many containers of berries as we want. Have you ever gone berry-picking? It's super fun, but very labor intensive. Once you've gone berry picking, you'll never forget how lucky we are to have so much good food at our fingertips. In our go-go-go culture, sometimes it's nice just to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life. So go ahead, slow down and enjoy. . . . If you feel a little more venturesome, try this wonderful recipe from my friend at the Fat Free Vegan Blog called Fruit Medley Cobbler. I love cobblers as they are so easy to make and you really can’t go wrong. I’ll share my cobbler recipes as soon as I stop frolicking outdoors and set myself down at the computer. :)

No comments: