Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Salad that Keeps You Coming Back for More!

Could this be true? A salad that makes you want to come back for more and more and more? Yes, it is! :) I know, this isn’t the “Most Awesome Salad in the World” which I blogged about last week, but it’s still pretty awesome if you ask me. Before I tell you more, I just want to say sorry for being away for a several days! I know, it’s not like me…but I have good reason. I’ve been swamped creating my new site and juggling a whole bunch of projects! I’ll have some exciting news for this blog in the coming weeks...let’s just say we’ll be growing leaps and bounds soon…more to come! Back to the topic at hand…who doesn’t love Cesar salad? And it’s even better made vegan! (Isn’t everything better vegan?) I whipped up this recipe and as usual I didn’t measure anything, so I’m giving you approximate amounts…but either way, trust your intuition and it’ll turn out great! Cesar Salad Dressing 1/2 package of silken tofu (6oz) http://www.morinu.com/product/tofu.html 1 Tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (or Shoyu/Tamari Sauce) 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast 1 strip of Nori (2 inches by 2 inches) 1 lemon, juiced 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder (if you are a garlic “freak” be my guest--go crazy on it!) 3-4 Tbsp water 1/4-1/2 tsp white pepper salt to taste Salad: 1 head Romaine Lettuce, chopped 1 avocado, chopped 2 handful of croutons (I buy read-made ones to save time, but you can make your own) 1 red pepper, diced Blend the dressing ingredient until smooth. If you want to make your dressing thinner, then just add more water until you achieve your desired consistency. Then toss the dressing into the salad until it is nicely coated. We tossed about half the dressing amount and saved the rest for the next day.

No comments: