Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Quick and Simple Snack for Summer

My first blog entry ever was about my favorite food…smoothies. I want to continue to share with you my favorite smoothie recipes. Just like you, I’m always on the go and am constantly juggling projects. When I get hungry, I want to snack fast. I want something fresh, easy to make and easy to clean. (I'm not much of a dish washer!) I can’t tell you how often I make smoothies because they are delicious, healthy and the magic word…soooo easy to make. I make them for breakfast, dessert and sometimes when I'm really really busy, I even have them for dinner! This week I’ve been making a lot of strawberry pineapple smoothies, so I decided to share my recipe with you. 1 banana 1/4 cup of frozen strawberries 1/4 pineapples 1/4 cup almonds 1 cup water 1 Tbsp flax seeds Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and enjoy! If you have a Vitamix blender, this will blend very easily. If you have $20 blender (I had one all through college) then it’ll take several attempts at getting this smoothie to be smooth. Most likely, it’ll be a bit chunky due to the almonds, but I like that way. If you want to lose weight, get healthier, or just eat something delicious, please give smoothies a try. I can't emphasize enough how yummy and easy they are to make.

No comments: